Coronavirus: Suspended performances at the Wyvern Theatre & Arts Centre
Updated Fri 27 March 2020 12.00pm
As a result of recent Government guidance discouraging mass gatherings – all events and performances at Wyvern Theatre and Swindon Arts Centre that were scheduled to take place before Sunday 26 April 2020 have been suspended. Some shows beyond this date may also be subject to suspension or rescheduling.
The Wyvern Theatre and Swindon Arts Centre buildings and box offices are temporarily closed.
Advice For Ticket Holders
We are working to reschedule as many of the affected performances as we can. Inevitably this will not be possible for all events - and some shows will not be rescheduled.
Performances at Wyvern Theatre and Swindon Arts Centre where a decision has been made are listed below. We will be updating this list regularly – so please check back if an event for which you hold tickets is not yet included.
- Rumours of Fleetwood Mac (Thu 30 April 2020) rescheduled to Tue 30 June 2020
- Sooty (Thu 9 April 2020) rescheduled to Thu 15 April 2021
- Seven Drunken Nights (Tue 31 March 2020) rescheduled to Tue 6 April 2021
- Back to the 60s 2 - Brothers In Song (Wed 27 May 2020) rescheduled to Fri 12 February 2021
- A Tribute 2 Ariana Grande and JoJo Siwa (Sun 24 May 2020) rescheduled to Mon 15 February 2021
- The Wizard of Oz - Easter panto (Fri 17 April 2020) rescheduled to Fri 16 April 2021
- Friends The Musical Parody (Wed 8 April 2020) rescheduled to Mon 16 November 2020
- Menopause the Musical 2 (Wed 1 April 2020) rescheduled to Sun 14 March 2021
- The Illegal Eagles (Thu 4 June 2020) rescheduled to Thu 3 September 2020
- Toyah & Hazel O'Connor (Thu 16 April 2020) rescheduled to Sun 13 September 2020
- Iain Stirling (Sun 22 March 2020) rescheduled to Sun 7 March 2021
- David Baddiel (Sat 4 April 2020) rescheduled to Sun 15 November 2020
- Oye Santana (Fri 8 May 2020) rescheduled to Sat 27 February 2021
- Simon Evans (Sun 5 April 2020) rescheduled to Sun 6 February 2021
- Joel Dommett (Wed 29 April 2020) rescheduled to Thu 25 March 2021
- Andy Hamilton (Wed 20 May 2020) rescheduled to Tue 22 September 2020
- The Cavern Beatles (Fri 10 April 2020) rescheduled to Thu 8 April 2021
- Jayde Adams (Fri 17 April 2020) rescheduled to Thu 29 October 2020
- Clinton Baptiste (Mon 23 March 2020) rescheduled to Tue 4 February 2021
- Ian Waite & Vincent Simone - The Ballroom Boys (Sat 11 April 2020) rescheduled to Tue 4 August 2020
- Swindon Choral Society - Handel's Messiah (Sat 21 March 2020) rescheduled to Sun 17 January 2021
- Swinging at the Cotton Club (Sun 29 March 2020) rescheduled to Sat 20 March 2021
- The Bon Jovi Experience (Fri 3 April 2020) rescheduled to Fri 4 June 2021
- Luther (Thu 7 May 2020) rescheduled to Fri 30 April 2021
Events that will not be rescheduled
- Lydiard Park Academy (Mon 4 May 2020)
- Last Of The Summer Wine (Sun 10 May 2020)
- Kojo Anim (Tue 17 March 2020)
- Havana Nights (Fri 20 March 2020)
- Bang Bang (Tue 24 - Sat 28 March 2020)
Shows (including past events) not listed above remain under discussion.
I want to help support the Wyvern Theatre and Swindon Arts Centre – how can I do that?
We’re facing real and very serious challenges. A number of customers have asked how they can help.
The best way to do this is by waiving your right to reimbursement. If you wish to do this you should complete the request form and choose the ‘donate my voucher’ option. No voucher will be issued to you and the money you have already paid will be donated to the Wyvern Theatre and Swindon Arts Centre to help us through these challenging times.
My show has been rescheduled to a new date – what should I do?
The new dates for performances that have been rescheduled so far are listed above.
- If you are able to attend on the new date your original tickets will remain valid. You do not need to take any action.
- If you cannot attend on the new date – you should complete the request form as soon as possible and your booking will be reimbursed through a voucher system.
My show is not being rescheduled – what should I do?
Your booking will be reimbursed through a voucher system. You need to complete the request form as soon as possible to claim your voucher. Our Ticket Office team will arrange for the voucher to be issued and it will be sent to you by email.
Vouchers will be for the full value of your booking (including any fees). They can be redeemed against a future show (online, by telephone and at the Ticket Office counter once the counter is reopened).
My show isn’t listed below – what should I do?
We are updating the list regularly as the status of shows is confirmed. Please check back soon. We will also aim to provide updates by email and through our social media channels.
I have a different enquiry – what should I do?
Please channel all other enquiries through the request form. This will help us to respond as soon as possible. Our team will review all forms received and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
You will appreciate the unprecedented nature of the current situation; and the volume of customer enquiries we are receiving at this time.
While our box office is temporarily closed to phone calls and visitors, we are only responding to queries submitted by the request form. These will be processed in the order they are received.
We are working hard to resolve things as quickly as we can.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The Wyvern Theatre Team